Saturday, July 09, 2005

Six Apologies, Lord

“Six Apologies, Lord" by Olena Kalytiak Davis

I Have Loved My Horrible Self, Lord.
I Rose, Lord, And I Rose, Lord, And I,
Dropt. Your Requirements, Lord. 'Spite Your Requirements, Lord,
I Have Loved The Low Voltage Of The Moon, Lord,
Until There Was No Moon Intensity Left, Lord, No Moon Intensity Left
For You, Lord. I Have Loved The Frivolous, The Fleeting, The Frightful
Clouds. Lord, I Have Loved Clouds! Do Not Forgive Me, Do Not
Forgive Me LordandLover, HarborandMaster, GuardianandBread, Do Not.
Hold Me, Lord, O, Hold Me

Accountable, Lord. I Am
Accountable. Lord.

Lord It Over Me,
Lord It Over Me, Lord. Feed Me

Hope, Lord. Feed Me
Hope, Lord, Or Break My Teeth.

Break My Teeth, Sir,
In This My Mouth.

--the last two lines are not in the poem as published in "Poems for Living: In Uncertain Times"
but they are in other sites on the web. As for myself, I like it better without.

1 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I think I like it better with - but I don't know why. ;-) Missed you on Saturday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home