Thursday, November 11, 2010

bless all who serve

I am grateful for all the men and women who have served in the US military, helping to keep my country safe and my ideals alive. I do *not* agree with everything the US military has done (or is currently doing), but I absolutely believe that a strong defense is necessary in this world.

I am also grateful for the sacrifices made by the families of the servicewomen and servicemen. Joseph Marshall III once wrote that it takes bravery to go out and hunt or fight, and it takes an equal amount of courage to stay home and work while one’s loved ones are facing danger. We have many courageous families in our nation.

Please support our veterans by providing them and their families with adequate care, for their physical and psychological health.

Please support our existing troops by sending them a copy of Bless All Who Serve: Sources of Hope, Courage, and Faith for Military Personnel and Their Families, a book of prayers and readings published by Skinner House Books, edited by the Rev. Dr. Matt Tittle.


This same article is posted, with more links, on my other blog, So May We Be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home