Friday, September 01, 2006

out of town mail

The Traverse City post office has two mail slots: one for Traverse City and one for "Out of Town." I love that. I grew up in a small town with that same distinction. I like its simple, elegant efficiency, and I like its "homey" feel. When I first moved to a big(ger) city, I spent a good fifteen minutes searching for the "Out of Town" mail slot. I am glad to have them back in my life.

Today is my first official day of working for UUCGT, and it is therefore also my first official day with my new morning routine. Part of that routine is a spiritual practice of writing letters. I look forward to sending letters to my family, friends and colleagues via the "TC" or "OOT" mailboxes.

1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Chip said...

By all means, do stop in. And let me know when the haggis is ready :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home