Friday, March 16, 2007

old friends, new calibrations

I spent last weekend at Frog's Ordination. It was a lovely service, very meaningful. Even better, we got to stay at his house, which gave us time to really relax and chat and re-connect. Marvelous.

Driving into the great metropolis of Chicago, I discovered an interesting thing: I have re-calibrated to Traverse City. I was stunned, and even a bit disgusted, at the sheer size and concrete-ness of the City of Big Shoulders. I have lived there, twice, for a total of seven years. But now I have become accustomed to life in a small city, with trees everywhere, and no hideous traffic problems. I still enjoy visiting Chicago, but I am glad that home is up here.

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Bill Baar said...

Traverse City is a very nice place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home