Friday, February 16, 2007

57 to 100 months

I witnessed two congregants sentenced to 57-to-100-months jail time this morning. I will of course be visiting them, and ministering to their families & children, and I'm also working on how to pastor to the eight congregants who showed up to support the now-jailed parties, who heard a brutal litany of abuse from their white-collar victims and the judge. Oof.

Then I visited a person in hospice, and met the new in-law (the wedding date was moved up, to allow the ailing parent to see it occur).

Then I took a tour of the old State Mental Hospital, crumbling now but once gorgeous, built on the idea that beauty is healing. It did help heal me, today.

1 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What were the long term convictions for ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home