Saturday, January 06, 2007

searching for the sound in the Record-Eagle

I'm in the newspaper!
"I use the Grateful Dead as a connective theme for several reasons. It helps make our religious message relevant and accessible. We can derive wisdom from the Grateful Dead by first realizing that they were not all wasted drug users and secondly, there can be a human approach to religion. Because it comes from a 'surprising' source, people may be open to this wisdom in a different way than they would be to the usual Sunday sermon." - slight misquoted in the Traverse City Record-Eagle, full text here

1 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger Clance' McClannahan said...

Congrat's! I too am a Unitarian Universalist Minister....and a Dead Head. I focus my ministry in an odd way or two LOL
The Spirit is a-movin
You know our Love will not fade away....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home