Friday, January 05, 2007

lovelight

As preparation for the upcoming three-sermon series, "Searching for the Sound: the Spirituality of the Grateful Dead," I met with the band leader this morning. He sang for me the new verse he'd written for "Lovelight," wherein the singer exhorts his partner to extend their love over a lifetime. *AND* instead of ending with "let it shine on me," he sings my version of amen, "so may we be!"

Not only are we exploring the Grateful Dead's spirituality, we're making our own spirit more explicit, with their powerful music.
I. Love. My. Job.

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Robin Edgar said...

I. Love. This. Song. . . ;-)

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger ddodd said...

Great news! When can I read this series of sermons? Would you perchance be interested in having them posted, once you're done, on my website, The Annotated Grateful Dead Lyrics?
--Your fellow UU and Deadhead,
David Dodd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home