Friday, February 09, 2007

god's valentine

A poem by Mirabai :

I tried controlling myself but it did no good.
My senses are
aflame.

I heard You singing.
That started all my blessed madness.

I openly made love with everything in sight last night
and this morning

the constable showed up and wrote out twenty citations.

I guess I should not have jumped naked
on him in front
of his
wife.

The hypocrite, he wouldn't have complained
at all

if we were
alone.

(translation: Daniel Ladinsky, from his "Love Poems from God"--Penguin Compass, 2002)

1 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know there’s a new site out dedicated to presenting the spiritual implications of Mirabai’s life and teachings at

http://www.gitananda.org/mirabai/mirabai.html

or

www.gitananda.org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home