Friday, August 31, 2007

screen test

After Lilly pushed through the screen door, trying to greet Becky as she came home from work, I was again perturbed by the amount of damage one dog can do. Becky takes that in stride, anymore, and promised to take care of it. A few days later, I found her on her knees, using the end of a ballpoint pen to repair the screen. She stretched the screen back over its frame, and used the pen to push the black tubing in, to hold the screen in place. Then she had to run an errand, and asked me to finish the repairs. I did it! This may seem like a simple thing, but I've never worked on screens--even when I worked at a hardware store.

Once again, I am reminded that taking action--even a small action--can create a disproportionately large amount of joy and hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home